Parking and Shuttle Information
Getting to The Ryder Cup Matches
There is no public parking within a two-mile radius of Oakland Hills Country Club. Many streets will be designated as No Parking/Tow Away Zones or Resident Parking only. Cars that are illegally parked in these areas will be issued a fine and towed. West Maple Road from Comerica Bank (1.4 mile east of Telegraph Road) to Lahser Road will be closed to all traffic during Ryder Cup Week. There will be no official Ryder Cup Matches drop off area for spectator cars, taxis or limousines.
There are two ways to get to and from Oakland Hills Country Club for The Ryder Cup Matches:
1. Take the Ryder Cup Shuttle
Complimentary parking is being provided to all Ryder Cup Matches spectators at the Silverdome in Pontiac,Michigan (please see map on back cover for directions). Ryder Cup Matches shuttles will make a continuous loop throughout the day from the Silverdome to and from Oakland Hills Country Club.
The Ryder Cup Shuttle schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday, Sept. 14th 7:00 a.m. . 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 15th 7:00 a.m. . 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 16th 7:00 a.m. . 8:00 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 17th 7:00 a.m. . 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 18th 7:00 a.m. . 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 19th 7:00 a.m. . 8:00 p.m.
Anyone living within walking distance of Oakland Hills Country Club is encouraged to walk to the event. Spectators can enter the event at the Gilbert Lake Road entrance or the Red Maple Lane entrance.
PARKING & SHUTTLE INFORMATION
The official gate opening and closing times are listed below. Please make sure that you allow yourself enough time to get to the appropriate shuttle when leaving the event.
- Tuesday, September 14 7:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 15 7:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, September 16 7:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, September 17 7:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, September 18 7:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, September 19 7:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Access for the Physically Challenged
Parking for Spectators Who Are Physically Challenged
or Use Wheelchairs
The Convention Store is the transportation management company which will organize all shuttle needs. To receive parking credentials for a designated lot for the physically challenged, spectators should contact The Convention Store at (410) 956-0001. You may also contact The Convention Store via e-mail at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Spectators will be asked to complete a form and provide a copy of their handicap certification information. Upon approval, The Convention Store will mail a parking credential with maps and directions to the designated parking lot.
All shuttle equipment running to and from the designated parking lot is ADA approved and has lift capabilities. There will be designated viewing areas for those who are physically challenged. These viewing areas are located in the following areas:
- Left of the 1st tee
- Left of the 1st green
- Left of the 18th green
- Right side of the Practice Range
- Message From the Captains
- The Ryder Cup Matches
- Schedule of Events
- Parking & Shuttle Information
- Spectator Information
- Helpful Telephone Numbers & Web sites
- Ryder Cup Statistics
- Spectator Services
- Television Coverage
- Restaurant Guide
- Ryder Cup Matches Golf Shop
Download the official map of Oakland Hills South Course