Travelling to/from The K Club
A Park and Ride scheme is being implemented to relieve as much pressure as possible on the road infrastructure, and the neighbouring village of Straffan, and to minimise disruption to local residents and event guests.
• All public car parking is located at Weston Aerodrome, Lucan (North Park & Ride) or Punchestown Racecourse (South Park & Ride).
• Please allow plenty of time for travel and arrive early. Attendees should anticipate considerable congestion and possible delays on all routes particularly during peak commuter periods and schedule journey times accordingly. Please allow plenty of time for journeys to/from The Ryder Cup Bus Terminals and the North and South Park & Rides both on arrival and departure.
• Ticket and security checkpoints will be in place at both Park & Rides and The Ryder Cup Bus Terminals. Please allow appropriate time in your schedule for these elements and the transfer journey via the Park & Ride.
• Please refer to section on Prohibited Items on Page 30 and avoid bringing them to the event.
• Remember the location of your car when it is parked.
• Do not leave personal items on the Park & Ride shuttles. Inquiries regarding any lost property should be directed to the Lost Property located in the Tented Village. There will be Left Luggage stations at both Ryder Cup Bus Terminals adjacent to the Course.
• For air and ferry travel to Dublin please refer to the useful telephone numbers listed on Page 52.
• Please dispose of litter correctly. Litter bins will be available in the car parks and at the public entrances to The K Club.
• "No Parking/Towaway" zones are in place on all roads around The K Club site and any unattended vehicle will be removed.
• Private vehicles will NOT be permitted access to the site.
• There is NO direct public pedestrian access to The Ryder Cup venue other than via the Park & Ride system.
• Whilst all times and distances are given for normal traffic conditions, due to traffic flow conditions during the event, journey times may increase and different routes may be taken.
• For further information on transportation for The 2006 Ryder Cup, please call Ryder Cup Travel Services on +44 (0)870 755 3004 or alternatively contact a Ryder Cup Travel Services representative at the travel help desks located in both Park & Ride locations.
PARK & RIDE OVERVIEW
Weston Aerodrome, Lucan and Punchestown Racecourse have been selected as the only two official Park & Ride locations for The 2006 Ryder Cup. There is NO public parking facility at or near The K Club site other than for essential event personnel, The K Club Hotel residents and local parish residents. Roads in the immediate vicinity of the venue are closed to unauthorised vehicles and private cars.
There is NO direct public pedestrian access to The Ryder Cup venue other than via the Park & Ride schemes originating at Weston Aerodrome and Punchestown Racecourse.
PARK & RIDE OPERATING TIMES
Both Park & Ride schemes will be open for parking at 05:00. The transfers to The Ryder Cup Coach Terminus will begin at 05:30 and will be continuous throughout all practice and tournament days until 21:00 or two hours after the close of play, whichever is the later. Please note Gate and Tented Village opening times on Pages 6 and 7. The Car Parks will close at 22:00.
Please allow plenty of time for journeys to/from The Ryder Cup Bus Terminals and the North and South car parks both on arrival and departure.
Local Tourism Groups Deliver the 'Welcome To Kildare' Message
The local tourism organisation will be operating the Meet-and-Greet service at the Park and Ride areas in the mornings, and at the coach terminals at The K Club in the evenings, in an effort to ensure that all the spectators experience the legendary Irish welcome.
Volunteers from local golf clubs will be in evidence at Weston Aerodrome and Punchestown Racecourse between roughly 6.30am and 11am each day and from 5pm to 8pm at the North and South Coach Terminals at The K Club from September 19-24. They will be equipped with all the information spectators need to have a safe and enjoyable day on the course, as well as plenty of chat and blarney. 2006 Ryder Cup ticket-holders will also have the opportunity to hear live traditional music as they make their way through the Park and Ride areas, or wait at the coach terminals for return shuttle buses at the end of the day's action. Irish dancers will perform in the evenings to get everyone in the mood for the 19th hole, Irish style.
The meet-and-greet service is being coordinated by County Kildare Fáilte, Fáilte Ireland East and Midlands, and Ryder Cup Ltd. County Kildare Fáilte is the tourism organisation for County Kildare, in which the K Club is located. The volunteers will be distributing details of the various events running in the local towns and villages during Ryder Cup week so that the golf fans can plan their post-event Irish experience.
ARRIVING BY RAIL/BUS/AIR TO THE RYDER CUP
In association with Iarnród Eireann, a dedicated service has been set up running from Connolly Station, Amiens Street, Dublin to Louisa Bridge Station, Leixlip from 05:45 and at approximately 30 minute intervals thereafter. There will be a bus shuttle service from Louisa Bridge to the North Bus Terminal adjacent to The K Club. This service can only be pre-booked by visiting www.irishrail.ie or via the telephone on +353 1 836 6222. Cost: €20.00 return.
There will be no dedicated bus service to the event from Dublin City Centre and spectators are advised to either travel via train or to the Park & Ride by car.
There will be no dedicated airport transport service to the event and spectators are advised to travel into Dublin to use the train or alternatively to travel to the North Park & Ride.
TRAVELLING TO THE NORTH PARK & RIDE(WESTON AERODROME, LUCAN)
From the West:
On M4 eastbound heading towards Dublin, leave at junction for Leixlip. (Do not exit at junction for Leixlip West). Follow signs to North Park & Ride.
From Dublin and the North:
From Dublin or the M50, take the N4 westbound heading towards Sligo and Galway. Leave at junction for Celbridge and Lucan and follow signs to North Park & Ride.
Upon arrival at Weston Aerodrome:
• Guests will be directed to car parks and onwards to the ticket and security checkpoint.
• Once the ticket and security check has been completed, spectators will be directed to waiting shuttle buses for transfer to The Ryder Cup North Bus Terminal, located adjacent to the Clubhouse Entrance of The K Club.
• Spectators should be aware that there will be further security checks at the North Bus Terminal and should allow time for this in their itinerary.
• Limited catering, toilets and telephone facilities are available at the North Park & Ride. There will be a left luggage facility at the North Bus Terminal.
• Under normal traffic conditions, the transfer time from the North Park & Ride to The Ryder Cup North Bus Terminal is approximately 20 minutes, but we suggest you allow a minimum of 30 minutes.
TRAVELLING TO THE SOUTH PARK & RIDE (PUNCHESTOWN RACECOURSE)
Spectators travelling to The 2006 Ryder Cup via the South Park and Ride at Palmerstown House, Johnstown, are to be re-directed to the Punchestown Racecourse from Thursday September 21.
Atrocious conditions caused by persistent bad weather have necessitated that Ryder Cup Europe LLP take this decision in order to facilitate the spectators's journey to The K Club where The 2006 Ryder Cup will be played from September 22-24.
Ryder Cup LLP acknowledges that the journey time from Punchestown to The Club may take up to 30 minutes longer, but the hard core parking available at Punchestown will provide a safer option.
Spectators, however, should take notice of the additional journey times and make adequate provision by arriving earlier at Punchestown Racecourse. The Park and Ride at Punchestown Racecourse will open at 5.00 am. Signposting will state: PALMERSTOWN PARK AND RIDE CLOSED - FOLLOW SIGNS TO PUNCHESTOWN.
Upon arrival at Punchestown Racecourse:
• Guests will be directed to car parks and onwards to the ticket and security checkpoint.
• Once the ticket and security check has been completed guests will be directed to waiting shuttle buses for transfer to The Ryder Cup South Bus Terminal, located adjacent to the Main Gate at The K Club.
• Spectators should be aware that there will be further security checks at the South Bus Terminal and should allow time for this in their itinerary.
• Limited catering, toilets and telephone facilities are available at the South Park & Ride. There will be a left luggage facility at the South Bus Terminal.
• Under normal traffic conditions, the transfer time from the South Park & Ride to The Ryder Cup South Bus Terminal is approximately 20 minutes, but we suggest you allow a minimum of 30 minutes.
TICKET AND SECURITY CHECK PROCESS (ALL SITES)
The ticket and security checking process will be completed as speedily as possible, however it may take some time and involve queuing - particularly at peak periods. Please allow sufficient time for this element in planning your journey times.
RYDER CUP TRAVEL SERVICES (RCTS) GUESTS
Any guest who has purchased ground transportation as part of their travel package from Ryder Cup Travel Services (RCTS) will be issued with a ground transportation pass entitling the guest to access the designated RCTS hotel shuttles directly to The Ryder Cup Bus Terminals. Please note that ground transportation passes must be accompanied by a valid Ryder Cup admission ticket.
Upon arrival at The Ryder Cup Bus Terminals, guests will be directed to the ticket and security checkpoint and then into The K Club site.
Details of the location of the coach stops at the hotels, the route and frequency of the services will be posted in the respective hotels.
CAR PARKING FEESPlease note that spectators intending to use the North or South Park & Ride locations will need to purchase their car parking in advance of the event. Please apply for these at: tickets.rydercup.com
Your car park pass must be displayed at all times. Ryder Cup Europe LLP reserves the right to charge the appropriate daily car parking rate for any guest not displaying a valid car park pass.
Parking fees at the North and South Park & Rides are €20 per vehicle per day from Tuesday to Sunday. Price includes VAT.
Coach parking fees are €200 per coach per day, Tuesday to Sunday. Price includes VAT.
Hospitality Ticket Holders: Please refer to the Order Form in your Corporate Hospitality Manual.
Parking facilities for disabled guests will be available adjacent to the K Club BY ADVANCE RESERVATION ONLY. Upon arrival, guests will be directed onward to the ticket and security checkpoint.
Once the ticket and security checking has been completed, disabled guests will be directed to specially equipped shuttles which will drop off/pick up near the Marshals HQ within The K Club site adjacent to the International Pavilion and near to the 16th Fairway. Under normal traffic conditions the transfer time from the Park & Rides to the Marshals HQ is approximately 20 minutes, but we suggest you allow a minimum of 30 minutes.
Access onto the golf course will be co-ordinated by the Course Marshals in buggies. Please see Disabled Section on Page 27 for further details regarding on-course facilities for the disabled.
All helicopter movements to and from The K Club are being co-ordinated by Helicopter Charter Services.
PRIVATE LIMOUSINE HIRE/TAXISPrivate limousines and taxis will NOT be allowed access to The K Club due to the road closure and will be directed to suitable Park & Ride areas.
Please do not leave valuables in your vehicle. Please note that Ryder Cup Europe LLP, Weston Aerodrome, Palmerstown House, The K Club and all affiliated organisers of the event and those involved in the provision of parking and/or shuttle facilities disclaim all responsibility whatsoever for damage or theft or any such interference with the vehicles and/or the contents thereof whilst on the premises or any authorised Ryder Cup Europe LLP parking facility.
Please leave prohibited items at home or in your accommodation and do not attempt to bring these to the event in order to avoid any inconvenience.
Sunday Video Recap
Check out all the great highlights from Sunday's European victory. Watch