Hole 1 - Bohereen, Par 4, 418 yards/382 metres
Tom Lehman: The first hole is a great tee shot, a great way to get The Ryder Cup underway. It requires you to do something with the ball. You could hit a three wood up the left side short of the bunker, or you could take a driver and take a more aggressive route, although you can't hit it too far because the creek is waiting there for the longer hitters. The rough and the trees on the right mean that you are pretty much dead if you go in there. A decent drive gives you a shortish iron into the green and a good chance for an opening birdie.
You need the latest Flash Player to view this content.
Straffan, County Kildare, Ireland
Palmer Course: 7335 Yards / Par 72
|*Distance shown in yards.|
See an overview of the K Club site
Thank you for submitting your email. You will receive offers as they become available.
Europeans clinch a third consecutive Ryder Cup victory.Watch
- Don't ever question my Ryder Cup desire, says Furyk
- Woods has some ideas on how to fare better in the future
- Excuses for U.S. Ryder loss are wrong, says Ferguson
- No quick fixes for U.S. Ryder Cup team, says Lehman
- Teamwork, not team spirit, was a problem, Toms says