Hole 18 - The Hooker’s Graveyard, Par 5, 537 yards/491 metres
Ian Woosnam: This often plays into the wind, it is uphill and it never ceases to deliver excitement - one way or another! Go down the right hand side and you need to carry the three new bunkers the first of which is 300 yards out. Go down the left and, although further from the green, the shot is a touch easier. Then for the approach there is water to the left and in front of the green and a cluster of bunkers to the right. If the pin is front left on this right to left sloping green then that only adds to the tension. If you've bailed out into those bunkers right then the recovery towards the water is fraught with danger.
You need the latest Flash Player to view this content.
Straffan, County Kildare, Ireland
Palmer Course: 7335 Yards / Par 72
|*Distance shown in yards.|
See an overview of the K Club site
Thank you for submitting your email. You will receive offers as they become available.
Europeans clinch a third consecutive Ryder Cup victory.Watch
- Don't ever question my Ryder Cup desire, says Furyk
- Woods has some ideas on how to fare better in the future
- Excuses for U.S. Ryder loss are wrong, says Ferguson
- No quick fixes for U.S. Ryder Cup team, says Lehman
- Teamwork, not team spirit, was a problem, Toms says