Ticket Terms and Conditions
THE 2014 RYDER CUP TICKET TERMS & CONDITIONS
Conditions of Sale
Tickets will be issued at the discretion of Ryder Cup Europe LLP and its authorised agent(s) for The 2014 Ryder Cup on the following Conditions:-
1. Tickets are issued subject to the Conditions of Sale and the Ground Regulations. The ticket seller is Ryder Cup Europe LLP. A copy of the Ground Regulations (as applicable from time to time) will be available at www.rydercup.com and/or sent to the applicant prior to the commencement of play.
2. Applications are limited to one per household for the practice days and one for match days and shall be made by individuals only. The Declaration must be signed personally by the applicant and payment must be made by the applicant only. Any duplicate or multiple applications made by any Applicant or Household will be rejected. Ryder Cup Europe LLP reserves the right to cancel or reject any application at its sole discretion.
3. Tickets shall only be purchased or obtained through Ryder Cup Europe LLP or its official authorised agents.
4. The use of tickets as prizes in lotteries or competitions without the prior written consent of Ryder Cup Europe LLP is expressly prohibited.
5. Tickets shall not be resold, donated or transferred (save as mentioned in 7 below) to any person or entity whether for the purpose of commercial gain or otherwise. The unauthorised sale or transfer of a ticket or any attempt to resell a ticket will result in the ticket being rendered invalid. Any attempt to resell a ticket includes advertising a ticket for sale, whether on the internet or otherwise. Save with the prior written authority of Ryder Cup Europe LLP, tickets cannot be combined with and/or sold as part of any package of goods or services nor combined with and/or sold as part of any travel or hospitality package (for example combining flights, hotels and Tickets).
6. Any ticket obtained or used in breach of these conditions shall be void and all rights connected therewith shall be nullified. Any person seeking to use a ticket obtained in breach of these conditions will be a trespasser, and will be refused entry or ejected from the venue and demarcated areas. In such circumstances no refund will be payable and such a person will be liable to legal action.
7. If more than one ticket is issued to a successful applicant those tickets may only be used by the applicant and the other person(s) named in the application (“guest”). The provision of such ticket(s) by the applicant to the other named person(s) without payment shall not invalidate the ticket.
8. Possession of a ticket does not confer any rights (by implication or otherwise) on the purchaser to use, alter, copy or otherwise deal with any of the symbols, trade marks, logos and/or intellectual property appearing on the ticket.
9. The result of the ticket ballot shall be entirely at the discretion of Ryder Cup Europe LLP whose decision in all matters relating to the ballot shall be final.
10. A ballot applicant must be 18 years or over. If successful, an applicant is entitled to purchase a maximum number of 4 tickets for match days and 8 for each practice day, subject to availability.
11. On practice days junior tickets are available at a reduced price for children under the age of 16 but over the age of 5 (birth date on or before 22nd September 2009). Bearers of these tickets must be accompanied by an adult (over the age of 18).
12. Strictly no admittance will be given to pushchairs, prams, babes-in-arms and children under 5 years of age (birth date after 22 September 2009).
13. Payment for tickets will be made online by debit or credit card at www.rydercup.com. All bookings will be subject to a booking fee of £3.50 per ticket. All charges shown are in Pounds Sterling.
14. If a successful ballot applicant purchases or attempts to purchase more than the maximum number of 4 tickets for match days and/or 8 for each practice day, Ryder Cup Europe LLP reserves the right to cancel all of the purchases in full.
15. An applicant must inform Ryder Cup Europe LLP of any change of address, contact telephone number or email address. Ryder Cup Europe LLP accepts no liability for an applicant’s failure to do so. Please note that the preferred method of contact is via email and care should be taken to provide a current, valid email address.
16. In order to prevent fraud, a successful applicant will be asked to provide additional information, including but not limited to the provision of a valid passport photograph of each attendee for reproduction on the ticket(s). Failure to comply with the requirement to provide photograph(s) will result in the cancellation of the whole of the transaction.
17. If tickets are despatched and returned as “addressee unknown”, Ryder Cup Europe LLP reserves the right to cancel the order in full without further notice or liability to the successful applicant. In such circumstances, the applicant will be entitled to a refund only if the tickets are re-sold by Ryder Cup Europe LLP.
18. Ryder Cup Europe LLP reserves the right to change the schedule of play without notice where it is in its opinion reasonably necessary to do so.
19. The tickets at all times remain the property of Ryder Cup Europe LLP.
20. Other than as stated in clause 21 below Ryder Cup Europe LLP shall not be liable for any loss, damage or expense caused by cancellation, curtailment or change of schedule of the Event because of government action, strike, civil commotion, national disaster or other force majeure or cause beyond the reasonable control of Ryder Europe Cup LLP.
21. Other than 17 above Ryder Cup Europe LLP shall only refund the purchase price of the ticket (and shall have no liability for any further sums) where play is cancelled or postponed without any play and the reason for cancellation or postponement is an event against which Ryder Cup Europe LLP is insured. Other than in these circumstances, tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase. In no case shall any liability (other than for death or personal injury) of Ryder Cup Europe LLP, its staff, agents or contractors arising from acts or defaults at or near the venue or otherwise in respect of the event include any liability for indirect or consequential loss or damage.
22. In the event of the postponement of the day for which play was intended, the ticket shall not be valid for the rearranged date. In the event of play being extended to the following Monday, tickets for the Sunday shall be valid for the extra day’s play.
23. Ryder Cup Europe LLP will accept no responsibility if the original ticket is stolen or mislaid and tickets cannot be replaced or refunded.
24. If any provision of these terms is declared by any judicial or other competent authority to be void, voidable, illegal or otherwise unenforceable the provision shall be amended in a reasonable manner or it may be severed from the terms and in either event the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
25. Ryder Cup Europe LLP reserves the right to refuse ticket holders admission to the venue in reasonable circumstances including for health and safety, licensing reasons or where a ticket is void. Ryder Cup Europe LLP also reserves the right to request that ticket holders leave the venue at any point on reasonable grounds and may take any appropriate action to enforce this right. By way of example, ticket holders may be removed who have behaved in the venue in a manner which, in the reasonable opinion of the Ryder Cup Europe LLP has, or is likely to affect the enjoyment of other visitors; or uses threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or in any way provokes or behaves in a manner which may provoke a breach of the peace; or in the reasonable opinion of Ryder Cup Europe LLP is acting under the influence of alcohol or drugs; or fails, when required, to produce proof of identity or age. A Ticket Holder must comply with instructions and directions given by venue staff and stewards. No refunds will be given to ticket holders who are refused entry or ejected due to their own behaviour as suggested in, but not limited to, the examples above.
26. By attending the Ryder Cup, ticket holders consent to filming and sound recording of themselves as members of the audience. Ryder Cup Europe LLP and its licensees and those authorised by it may use such films and recordings (including any copies) without payment.
27. Ticket Holders shall not take, record and/or transmit any sound, image and/or description of the venue or the matches (as well as any result and/or statistics of the matches) other than for private and domestic use. It is strictly forbidden to disseminate over the Internet, radio, television or any other current and/or future media, any sound, picture, image, data, description, result and/or statistics of the matches in whole or in part, or to assist any other person(s) conducting such activities. Recordings of images or audio are not permitted on match days.
28. Applicants have entered into the Terms and Conditions for themselves and on behalf of each guest (and must inform each guest of the same). The Terms and Conditions (and Ground Regulations) constitute the entire agreement between the parties and no party shall have any claim or remedy in respect of any statement, representation, warranty or undertaking, made by or on behalf of any other party in relation to the Terms and Conditions which is not already set out in the Terms and Conditions.
29. The Ground Regulations contain detailed lists of prohibited items and conduct and each Ticket Holder and their guests shall fully comply with any restrictions contained therein and any breach of Ground Regulations may result in the Ticket Holder being ejected from the venue or demarcated area. In particular:-
29.1 Ticket Holders leaving the venue will not be re-admitted;
29.2 Signs/banners/clothing or any other item which may be used for ambush marketing will not be permitted; and
29.3 Cameras are not permitted and may not be used at the venue other than on practice days.
0. These Conditions are subject to English Law.
By clicking on 'proceed' you confirm that you have read and agree to the ticket Terms and Conditions and Ground Regulations