- Wednesday, September 19, 2012
- Francesco happy to go it alone
There will only be one Molinari at Medinah but Francesco insists the unique bond will still be there with his band of European brothers
- Europeans ready as final preparations continue
Just days remain until José María Olazábal leads his 12 men into action at Medinah Country Club and while seven members of the European Team will be resting up this week, the competitive preparations continue for five of his charges.
- Tuesday, September 18, 2012
- The Ryder Cup – Through the ages
Ahead of the 39th playing of The Ryder Cup at Medinah Country Club, Illinois, read this potted history of golf’s greatest team event…
- Peter peaking once again
Peter Hanson has made something of a habit out of holing crucial putts in the build-up to Ryder Cups, and the Swede admits he would relish the chance to actually clinch the winning point for Europe in Chicago.
- Monday, September 17, 2012
- The Captains: Davis Love III
Destiny decreed that Davis Love III would one day be Captain America. He learned to crawl in a house crammed with golf instruction books and clubs of all shapes and sizes. He struck his first shots at the ripe old age of 18 months and by the age of five he was honing the swing which, in...
- The Captains: José María Olazábal
A quarter of a century on from the flamenco dance that heralded history, José María Olazábal is seeking to choreograph another chapter of Ryder Cup glory.
- Donald lauds city of sport
Chicago is the third most populous city in the United States of America, but it might just be the most sports-mad.
- Friday, September 14, 2012
- Ryder Cup Exhibition Opens in London
Golf fans gearing up for another sporting spectacular at this month’s Ryder Cup can visit a unique exhibition at a London BMW showroom highlighting the biennial contest’s rich history.
- Wednesday, September 12, 2012
- Know your opponents: The American Dozen
Team Europe have been busy collecting plenty of silverware of late, with six titles in the past five weeks, so we decided to take a look at their American opposition to see how they stack up against a very in-form European line-up.
- Colsaerts takes hard road to Ryder Cup
From self-confessed clown and party animal to Europe's newest Ryder Cup player - it has been some journey for Belgian Nicolas Colsaerts.