- Tuesday, April 30, 2013
- Ryder Cup Volunteers Selected for Gleneagles
Applications to volunteer for The 2014 Ryder Cup have been received from 27 different countries around the world in the largest number of applications for a volunteer programme in Ryder Cup history
- Wednesday, March 20, 2013
- Watson to make three Captain’s Picks
United States Ryder Cup Captain Tom Watson announced that he will reduce the total Captain’s selections for the 2014 Team from four to three players. Watson will make his choices in September 2014, prior to the event to be held at The Gleneagles Hotel.
- Tuesday, March 12, 2013
- Team Europe win Laureus Award
The European Ryder Cup Team was named the World Team of the Year for 2012 at the Laureus Sports Awards in Rio de Janeiro.
- Wednesday, March 6, 2013
- Mouton Cadet named Official Supplier of Wine
Mouton Cadet has been announced as the Official Supplier of Wine to the 2014 Ryder Cup at Gleneagles in Scotland and to the 2018 Ryder Cup at Le Golf National near Paris in France
- Wednesday, February 27, 2013
- European Ryder Cup Captain Paul McGinley makes first official Gleneagles trip
Paul McGinley today paid his first official visit to The Gleneagles Hotel since being elected as European Ryder Cup Captain last month, and marked the occasion by unveiling a ceremonial Silver Putter which symbolises the proud history of the biennial contest.
- Tuesday, February 26, 2013
- First Minister welcomes Paul McGinley to Scotland
First Minister Alex Salmond today welcomed Paul McGinley, the captain of The 2014 European Ryder Cup team to Scotland on his first visit to the country since he was appointed.
- Monday, February 25, 2013
- Standard Life Investments named first Ryder Cup Worldwide Partner
Standard Life Investments becomes first Worldwide Partner in Ryder Cup history following an agreement that will see the global asset management company become a Worldwide Partner to both the 2014 and 2016 Ryder Cups.
- Friday, February 1, 2013
- Scots make 2014 Ryder Cup volunteer programme most popular ever
Scots are leading the charge to secure highly prized volunteering positions at The 2014 Ryder Cup after organisers confirmed its volunteer programme is already the most popular ever. Over 9,000 people have already applied -- and 50% of all entries are from people based in Scotland. The rate of...
- Wednesday, January 30, 2013
- Volunteer programme for The 2014 Ryder Cup launches
The application process to volunteer at the 2014 Ryder Cup at Gleneagles is now open and potential volunteers can apply for up to three different roles from a choice of 15 positions.
- Tuesday, January 15, 2013
- Paul McGinley 'thrilled' with Team Europe Ryder Cup captaincy appointment
Paul McGinley was understandably “thrilled” to be selected to lead Europe in their defence of The Ryder Cup at Gleneagles in Scotland next year. The 46-year-old Dubliner, who becomes Ireland's first Captain in the event, takes over from José María...