- Wednesday, December 12, 2012
- 2014 U.S. Ryder Cup captain to be announced
The U.S. Captain for the 2014 Ryder Cup will be named at 8:30 a.m. ET on Thursday, Dec. 13. You can watch his official news conference live right here on RyderCup.com at 10:30 a.m. ET.
- Sunday, September 30, 2012
- Ryder Cup Notebook: Mixed-up McIlroy makes late arrival
MEDINAH, Ill. (AP) -- Next time the Illinois State Police are looking for donations, their first call should be to Rory McIlroy. The world's No. 1 golfer needed a police escort to make it to the first tee on time Sunday after mixing up his time zones. He made it with 10 minutes to spare,...
- Steve Eubanks: Pressure got to U.S. team's veterans
When the Ryder Cup came down to the wire Sunday, says Steve Eubanks, some key U.S. veterans flinched. It's the latest example, he notes, that golf at this level is a young man's game.
- Captain's Blog: The honor of my golfing life
U.S. Ryder Cup Captain Davis Love III called his captaincy, 'the honor of my golfing life.' He wishes it had ended differently, but -- Love says -- he enjoyed it immensely.
- TJ Auclair: Europeans inspired by late Ballesteros
Seve Ballesteros' memory was everywhere this week, thanks to his great friend Jose Maria Olazabal. After their victory, the Europeans agreed to a man that Seve’s spirit helped them succeed.
- Comeback complete, Europe retains Ryder Cup
Europe teed off Sunday needing a comeback of historic proportions, and they got it. The Europeans won the first five singles matches en route to a turnaround victory for the ages.
- Saturday, September 29, 2012
- Another fruitless day for Tiger Woods at Ryder Cup
MEDINAH, Ill. (AP) -- Tiger Woods finally showed up at the Ryder Cup. Too bad it wasn't soon enough to count. Woods and Steve Stricker lost their third straight match Saturday, falling 1 up to Sergio Garcia and Luke Donald despite a furious back-nine rally by the world's No. 2...
- Captain's Blog: No time to look ahead
U.S. Ryder Cup Captain Davis Love III is thrilled with his team's 10-6 lead going into Sunday's singles. However, he's not going to allow his players to get ahead of themselves.
- Steve Eubanks: Davis Love's plan playing out to perfection
Long before he arrived in Chicago, Davis Love III had a personnel plan in place. And though he didn’t share many details, says Steve Eubanks, it obviously has unfoleded almost perfectly.
- United States leads Ryder Cup by four heading to singles
MEDINAH, Illinois (AP) -- Phil Mickelson and Keegan Bradley helped stake the Americans to their biggest lead in the Ryder Cup in more than 30 years. Ian Poulter, eyes bulging and fists shaking with every clutch putt, at least gave Europe a lot of momentum over the final frantic hour Saturday...