2016 Ryder Cup USA Qualification Process
The United States points system will determine the top eight players for the 2016 Ryder Cup Team, and will begin March 8, 2015, at the conclusion of the WGC-Cadillac Championship.
At closer glance, the 2016 U.S. Ryder Cup points system:
- 2015 Major Championships (1 Point per $1,000 earned)
The Masters, U.S. Open, Open Championship, PGA Championship
- 2015 WGC Events and The Players Championship (1 Point per $2,000 earned)
WGC Cadillac Championship, WGC Match Play Championship, The Players Championship, WGC Bridgestone Invitational, WGC HSBC Champions
- 2016 Regular PGA TOUR Events (1 point per $1,000 earned)
Beginning Jan. 1, 2016, through and including the Barclays on Sunday, Aug. 28, 2016
- 2016 Opposite Field PGA TOUR Events will not receive any points
-2016 Major Championships (2 points per $1,000 earned)
- The Top Eight: Eight of the 12 members of the U.S. Team will be named on points earned following the conclusion of The Barclays, which is scheduled to conclude Sunday Aug. 28, 2016. This new timetable gives two additional weeks for players to earn Ryder Cup qualifying points.
- Captain's Picks: U.S. Ryder Cup Captain Davis Love III will select three of his four Captain's Picks after the conclusion of the BMW Championship, which is scheduled to conclude on Sunday, Sept. 11, 2016. His fourth pick will take place Sunday evening after the TOUR Championship, Sept. 25, 2016. This new timetable also is pushed back two weeks.