Look what showed up in our team room 🇺🇸 Thank you to the fans for unbelievable support of our players this week! @RyderCupUSA pic.twitter.com/rlaznfR3YJ— Steve Stricker (@stevestricker) September 27, 2021
We got the W 🇺🇸 @RyderCupUSA pic.twitter.com/vqqAMNci7F— Dustin Johnson (@DJohnsonPGA) September 27, 2021
A show of class and good sportsmanship.#RyderCup pic.twitter.com/OnMcQFsMax— Ryder Cup (@rydercup) September 26, 2021
Rewrite the Record Books. 🏆 What a performance by @RyderCupUSA. pic.twitter.com/jd6kG43sli— PGA of America (@PGA) September 26, 2021
BROUGHT IT BACK! @RyderCupUSA #GoUSA pic.twitter.com/yYvrkcsSE9— Brooks Koepka (@BKoepka) September 26, 2021
Mood. pic.twitter.com/kwCSrJvpR1— Ryder Cup USA (@RyderCupUSA) September 26, 2021
“I think this is unfinished business....It’s one thing to win it here, it’s a lot easier to do so. If we play like we did this week, the score will look the same over there in a couple years. And that’s what we’re here for.”
United States claim Ryder Cup glory at Whistling Straits
The Ryder Cup will not be coming back to Europe after the United States secured a record 19-9 victory at Whistling Straits. The hosts entered the final day's singles with an 11-5 lead, leaving Europe needing a record comeback to successfully defend the title they won in such style in Paris three years ago.
More rookie rarities
The American Ryder Cup rookies went 14-4-3 for 15.5 points. It’s the highest rookie point total by either side during the 28-point era. The previous mark of 15 points was set by the American side in 1979 (14-13-2).
More American records
Ten of the 12 American players finished with at least 1.5 points wins over the weekend, matching a record of the 28-point era. The Americans had 10 such players in 2008 and 2016. The European team had 10 such players in 1997.
- Taylor Moore Makes a Big Jump with Win at Innisbrook While Top 6 Remains the Same
- Scottie Scheffler is No. 1 Following His Big Win at The Players
- Keeling and Tejedo Lead European Junior Ryder Cup Qualifying Rankings
- Kurt Kitayama Jumps into Top 6 with 1st PGA TOUR Win at Bay Hill
- 2,836 days later, Chris Kirk a winner once more
- Italy’s Deputy Prime Minister visits New York
- Rahm rolls, regains No. 1 spot; Homa, Zalatoris rise at Riviera
- European Junior Ryder Cup Qualifying Race Gets Underway
- Scheffler goes back-to-back in Phoenix, returns to World No. 1 status
- Over 10,000 attend Golf in Piazza events in Rome and Milan