Take part and win!
We're running a competition for the best environmentally themed photo and caption submitted during The 2018 Ryder Cup.
It could be a great snap of the course, the wildlife around Le Golf National, your efforts to recycle during the week, catching public transport or the sustainable food on offer in the Ryder Cup Village!
All you have to do is take a creative photo, add an interesting caption, and email both (including your name and age) to firstname.lastname@example.org
A judging panel will look over all the entries and Ryder Cup merchandise will be awarded to the winners and two runners-up in each of the three age categories:
- 12 years and under
- 13-19 years
- 20 years and older
The competition runs from 12:00 Central European Time on Wednesday 26th September, 2018 to 19:00 CET on Sunday 30th September, 2018.
Ryder Cup Europe will notify all winners and distribute prizes within one month.
Get snapping and good luck!
By taking part you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Any images and annotations you submit can be shared publicly by Ryder Cup Europe, including via social media.
- Respect that the judges decision is final and cannot be challenged (panel comprises representatives of Ryder Cup Europe, GEO Foundation and other environmental and golf partners).
- If successful, you will receive email notification from Ryder Cup Europe to the email address which you used to submit your entry, and you will be asked to provide postage details so that prizes can be delivered. You also agree that, as a minimum, we can name you as a winner in publicity.
As well as delivering one of the world’s greatest sporting events, we are working hard to do the right thing - to maximise the social and environmental contribution of The 2018 Ryder Cup.
- Minimise the environmental footprint - sustainable procurement; recycling and re-use; water efficiency; clean energy; and efficient transportation
- Maximse the community benefits – economic, human health, sports development and environmental quality
- Engage and inspire others - including our partners, suppliers, contractors and spectators
We are proud to be delivering the French Ministry of Sport 15-Point Charter for Sustainable Events.
Many of our partners and supporters are helping us make this the most sustainable Ryder Cup yet.
Le Golf National
Built by the French Golf Federation on a former landfill site using recycled construction materials, Le Golf National has dramatically enhanced the biodiversity and environmental quality of the area. A pioneer in the national Golf and Biodiversity project with the Natural History Museum of France, and GEO Certified® since 2015.
Sponsors, Suppliers and Contractors
A number of our partners are bringing corporate responsibility and custom solutions to make this a greener event. Here’s a flavour of what they’re contributing:
The only ISO 14001 accredited manufacturer of golf course equipment, Jacobsen is making sure Le Golf National is maintained using the cleanest and most efficient machinery - providing 20 'Eclipse 2' fully electric mowers and 5 Eclipse 322 hybrid mowers, that also don’t use any oil based hydraulic fluid.
Playing your part
There are a number of things you can do to help make this an event to help make this year's Ryder Cup a greener, cleaner and more sustainable event.
- Use public transport
- Share a car with others
- Don’t bring non-recyclable materials to the site - like polystyrene and plastic wraps
- Do use the recycling points - help make sure your waste is properly separated
- Stay in touch and look out for news on event time activities - follow us on @rydercup and @sustainablegolf #greendrive
Working closely with the European Tour Foundation and French Golf Federation, The 2018 Ryder Cup is driving a range of social and environmental legacies, benefitting people and the environment long after the last putt is holed.
- Golf and Biodiversity Project - with FFG, Natural History Museum, Vidauban Foundation and The R&A
- 100 small golf courses – FFG flagship projects across France to provide golf for all
- GEO Foundation – longstanding sustainability partner of the European Tour and Ryder Cup Europe, this international non-profit is helping golf to foster even more nature, conserve resources and support communities – to become the most sustainable sport