Turner Sports, PGA of America and Ryder Cup Europe introduce new RyderCup.com
Turner Sports in partnership with the PGA of America and Ryder Cup Europe have launched a newly designed RyderCup.com this week.
The site has transitioned into a year-round destination featuring a new look-and-feel, simplified navigation and expanded content offering so fans can embrace the history and legacy of the world’s premier international golf event.
The new RyderCup.com will keep fans abreast of pre-event coverage, the points race and team selections leading up to coverage of The 2016 Ryder Cup (Monday September 26 – Sunday October 2).
The site has launched with five-phases of coverage of the event:
- Points Race: With points awarded each week, fans can follow along as Captains break down their research to determine the best players to be added to the American side and Team Europe.
- Team Selection: With the selection of teams ten weeks away, fans can understand the breakdown of players, the points list, Captain’s picks and more.
- Event Week: During this year’s event, RyderCup.com and the suite of Ryder Cup apps will offer behind the scenes content, interactive leaderboard updates, live radio commentary, video alerts and social interaction.
- Post-season: At the conclusion of the contest, the site will continue to populate with new content including video recaps, interviews, photo galleries, to keep fans engaged until The 2018 Ryder Cup.
- Off-season: Gearing up for the greatest spectacle in golf, fans can relive the drama and emotion from past tournaments and stay updated on news and more leading up to The 41st Ryder Cup.
With the points race nearing an exciting conclusion over the coming months, Ryder Cup Europe are running a number of initiatives as the eyes of the golfing world turn towards Hazeltine in the autumn:
- Ryder Cup Trophy Tour: In the build-up to The 2016 Ryder Cup, the trophy is visiting some of Europe’s most iconic cities including Paris, France next week and Rome and Milan in September, having started its journey with European Captain Darren Clarke in his home town of Portrush in Northern Ireland in April.
- #LiftTheRyderCup competition: We are giving one lucky fan the chance to win the opportunity of a lifetime and lift The Ryder Cup themselves as they host the trophy for a day at their home, golf club, workplace or school.
- Pledge your support campaign: A call to action for all fans to send their inspirational messages of support to Team Europe.